A Post-Grad's Attempt at a Healthy, Joyful, and Blissfully Sweet Life

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pancake Pile Up

Hello chickadees! i'd like to invite you to breakfast!


if we were having breakfast this morning, i'd give you a stack of pancakes like this one. breakfast foods are my favorite by far, so i always have fun experimenting with new creations.  if i could, i'd have breakfast for every meal of the day.

i would also give you some of my chocolate truffles.  they are delish, and at my breakfast restaurant, dessert is mandatory!

i would tell you about how yesterday was day two of being snowed in, and how i decided to use my time wisely and lay around doing nothing put my skills to use.  i'd show you the homemade granola from Jenna's cookbook White Jacket Required that i made, and how it made the whole apartment (all three feet of it!) smell of cinnamon and maple syrup.  yum!


as i piled the pancakes onto your plate, layering each with a slab of peanut butter, sliced bananas, greek yogurt, and granola, i would tell you about how after the granola was done i sat around the apartment all day, wisely saving all my energy because i knew i'd be needing it once katherine and i summoned up the courage to tackle finding our cars under the mountains of snow


we'd laugh about how this is what i found when we went outside:


the neighbors clearly had their priorities in order. gotta keep the beer cool! cheers to that.

i'd tell you about how pretty the neighborhood looked as the sun was going down, and how i was struck by this scene when i took a pause from shoveling:


and how much fun katherine and i had trecking up and down the huge snow drifts just to get in and out of our house.  i'd show you pictures of this awesome hidden fort we found right next to our doorstep:


as i poured you a cup of coffee from my favorite grocery store ever, Fresh Market, (i love you, too, Trader Joe's!) i'd reassure you though that i still vehemently hate the snow and the cold, and would reenact one of my 5 or 6 thousand hate rants i went on last night to katherine about how i NEED TO GET OUT OF NEW ENGLAND AND OVER TO WARM, SUNNY CALIFORNIA RIGHT THIS INSTANT!

i'd regain control once you then gave me a chocolate and told me to stop yelling.  chocolate usually calms me down, this luke has learned.

as we finished our last bites of pancake and last slurps of coffee, i'd tell you about my conspiracy theory that luke is hiding a puppy in my apartment somewhere for me to find on valentine's day.  he denies this theory, but we'll see who's right on thursday...

luke, i better be right.


so, want to come over for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment