A Post-Grad's Attempt at a Healthy, Joyful, and Blissfully Sweet Life

Friday, February 8, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside

Hello, hello!

it's been a WHILE. and i am so sorry about that!  but i am currently stuck in my house due to a blizzard, so i figured this would be the perfect time to write a blog post!

it's a shame that all the roads are banned and flights are cancelled because my roommate showed me this this morning and i had my bag almost completely packed before i realized....i can't leave my house.  thanks a lot SNOW, for ruining my plans once again! i hate you.

clearly i need a happy pill.

happy_pills_store_5.jpg

seriously though, is this not a genius idea?!? i think we could all use a good sugar high every now and again!  sugar highs for everyone!!

so what does a girl do who has approximately three feet of living space to entertain herself with all day and night? make my OWN candy.

can't stop me now, snow!

 i found this post the other day, and knew this would be the perfect day to make them.  wine and chocolate? i don't think i know of anything more important to my survival.  amen? amen.


i would, however, love some ice cream to go with my chocolates and unfortunately i don't have any.  so that means i have to drive to the store, and thereby risking one year in jail (the threat the governor gave if anyone was found driving.) is ice cream worth one year of jail time? we all know the answer to that question.

i'm foreseeing this blog going in a different direction soon...

a ninja mask for ice cream expeditions! they'll never catch me
the chocolates needed time to cool in the fridge, so while i waited my roommate and i decided to tackle the blizzard ourselves, but not before putting on 14 layers of clothing each.  we could barely move down the stairs to get outside, but moving proved not to be too much of an issue once we entered the tundra.


MAN, that wind was strong! and the ice pellets that hit my face-that hurt.  but jumping into the huge snow banks and being the first to make tracks in the snow was quite enjoyable.  i felt like a kid again! i miss that feeling.

but then i got back to the apartment and ate a wine-infused truffle.  then i was very, very happy to be over the legal drinking age.  i'll stay a kid at heart, but not on paper, thanks.


and now, back to wishing i was in california, where the weather forecast is 60 and sunny...wouldn't that be nice.

stay safe if you're in the blizzard territory, friends! and have a glass, on me-it's not like you'll be driving any time soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment